Hosting Annual Forum
Each year, the annual forum is hosted by a member utility from the East coast, Central Canada or the West Coast. If your Utility is interested in hosting the annual Form please see the Host as well as CUFC responsibilities below; The Purpose of the Canadian Utility Fleet Council and the Forum is to:
- Gather and report on safety and other related information relative to the design, regulatory standards, manufacture, operation, maintenance, inspection and testing of specialty fleet vehicles and equipment used in the utility industry.
- Actively promote the exchange of information and ideas related to the safe and efficient management of utility Fleet vehicles and equipment, with the intent of developing “recommended practices” that may be used by both the users, utility equipment support structure and the manufacturing sector.
- Encourage and promote the development and training of all personnel involved with management, maintenance and operations of utility fleet equipment.
- Gather and report on new developments in the application and utilization of utility Fleet equipment and related accessories.
- Find a hotel with preferred rates and pass it on to the CUFC administrator
- An evening’s entertainment for forum attendees and spouses.
The host may arrange a program to provide excursions for attendees’ spouses during the day(s) of the forum
- Provide tables, chairs, note pads, pens, speaker’s podium
- Provide suitable facilities for lunch, coffee breaks for the forum.
- Provide audio/visual equipment such as: LCD projector, screen, wireless lapel and floor microphones, PA system etc.
- Arrange for a block of hotel rooms, with preferred rates if possible, to accommodate forum attendees
- Act as liaison between CUFC and hotel for luncheon menus and costs.
The Canadian Utility Fleet Council will be responsible to cover the costs for:
- The hospitality suite and finger foods for the first evening
- The cost of a small meeting room for the steering committee pre/post forum meeting
- Coffee breaks, continental breakfasts and lunches
- Monday night dinner
In the event that an equipment/trade show is planned in conjunction with the annual meeting, CUFC will manage the trade show.