The purpose of the Canadian Utility Fleet Council (CUFC) is to further the interests of the vehicle and equipment fleets in the utility sector of Canada by:
- Coordinating the annual Canadian Fleet Forum for the interchange of ideas and concerns.
- Monitoring issues of concern to the utility fleet industry, communicating with members with regard to those issues, and making appropriate representations on behalf of the Council members to standard setting bodies, governments and government agencies, regulators, other fleet and/or utility related organizations.
- Promoting standards for vehicle and equipment design and safety.
- Promoting standards for technician training and development.
- Engaging in other activities that may from time to time be deemed by the members to promote the interests of the Canadian utility fleet sector.
Membership in the Council shall consist of designated representatives of the fleet management sectors of any Canadian utility, (Electric, Gas, Telecommunications, Cable), manufacturers, distributors and dealers of vehicles and equipment purchased and maintained by utility fleets; and individuals and organizations who provide services to the utility fleet sector. For more information, see the membership section.